Hellooo!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Hellooo!

Post by MarkofZollo »

Hi all!! I joined the forum about a week ago and have posted a couple times but missed this bit of forum! lol
Iv always been big into military stuff, mainly ww2, but really got into tanks in the last couple years.
I started my hobby by getting my girlfriend to get me a HL Tiger 4 crimbo :thumbup: , took 'til feb to get a working one after about 5 dud tanks from Hobby Power :'( (not entirely their fault) by which time it was my bday so she got me loads of stowage stuff :D .
Done loads to the Tiger and got a WSN T-34 2 months ago which has been altered too. Got a few 1/18 vehicles and figures now so I have definatly been bitten!!!
Anymoo im in Plymouth atm so anyone around here or know of any good offroady/scenic places good for tanks??
Cheers guys,
Dave

(good at waffling aint I?!)
There is always a fifth Sherman
JIMBO H
Recruit

Re: Hellooo!

Post by JIMBO H »

What's a dud tank? What scale does it come in? Why would you buy 5? Anymoomoo you sound sort of confussed. Maybe you just need a dictionary instead of another tank.
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

JIMBO H wrote:What's a dud tank? What scale does it come in? Why would you buy 5? Anymoomoo you sound sort of confussed. Maybe you just need a dictionary instead of another tank.

ermmm pot and kettle jimbo??

"dud" if your not familiar with the term is something that isnt working as in a "dud round"

and on to my next question why do you feel the need to question and pull other members chains trying to incite something ???? just a thought for you to mull over :thumbup:
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Post by MarkofZollo »

Cheers Jimbo?! :think:
I can write well if needed but im trying to do it quick and save space, sorry. Like fv432 said, a dud tank is a broken one, and there was only one transaction, its just I had 5 broken in transit or after 5 mins of normal use.
Anywho thanks fv432.
Dave
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

not a prob dave ;)
tankman

Post by tankman »

Hi and welcome to the forum Dave. Sorry to read about your rough start in the RC tank hobby, hope things run smoother from now on.
Alan
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

Hi DAVE, Welcome to the forum and feel free to post text whatever way works best for you. I'm sure IF you need more tank parts or another tank check out the Vendors section. All the vendors have proven their Quality service and products. The Power house vendors may save you 20 dollars/pounds but when the tank arrives a dud you have gained nothing. Well hope to see more post and maybe some pics of your tanks? Cheers Blake
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

hi and welcome to the forum , glad you got the tiger sorted in the end
regards, ice
MarkofZollo
Corporal

Post by MarkofZollo »

Thanks for nice replies :wave: . Basically my 1st Tiger from Hobby Power, transmition died through normal use, got it repaired but bits were broken off in transit so was replaced :( . Same again with transmition so payed £30 more 4 one with metal tracks and g/box, when I took it out of packaging the left track fell really slack and idler wheel fell out :think: . Next 1 was same :-< then had to convince them to try again but same happened >:< . They looked into it trying to blame Fedex but turned out they put too many links in 1 track which increased stress on idler wheel mount when jolted forward in testing :/ . Again convinced them not to refund me and finally got a perfect tank, well as perfect as HL can be :shifty: .
Not quite finished modding, so should I post pics in HL build section or sumwhere else?
Cheers again,
Dave 8) (I like smileys!)
GreenAmphibian
Lance Corporal

Post by GreenAmphibian »

OK Dave, we can see you like smileys! Welcome to the forum anyway! I'm more into aquatic things, but have scratch built two LVT's that run on tracks. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Herman
Death smiles at everyone, Marines smile back!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”