Fire Buttons on DX6i

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
grompix
Sergeant

Fire Buttons on DX6i

Post by grompix »

I've been meaning to post this for ages but bowlman's question has prompted me to dig out the pics and put it up. I don't know whether the DX5e is any different to the DX6i but I'm guessing it will be similar enough.  Hope this tip comes in handy for those with Spektrum radios.

Cheers
Chris  :D

BeeKay
Lance Corporal

Re: Fire Buttons on DX6i

Post by BeeKay »

As Alexandr the meerkat says, "Simples!". At least you make it look that way Chris.
"We should not stop playing because we grow old....we grow old beacuse we stop playing"
BREL
2nd Lieutenant

Post by BREL »

can this be done with any 4 channel rc transmitter
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

BREL wrote: can this be done with any 4 channel rc transmitter
As far as I know Futaba Skysport TX's are OK. Here's the link to FRAGARMOR showing how to convert a Futaba.

http://www.fragarmor.org/Advanced%20Hints%203.htm

Cheers
Chris 
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Chris Nice mod will consider it have a Dx6I and a Dx5e ,where did you get the switches from and does it still fire from the sticks as well .

regards pete
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

971wright wrote: Hi Chris Nice mod will consider it have a Dx6I and a Dx5e ,where did you get the switches from and does it still fire from the sticks as well .
Hi Pete. The buttons are just cheap push-to-make types. Here's a link to Maplins :-

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=2493

The sticks operate as normal.

Cheers
Chris
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Thanks Chris will get some next time Im there I think it will work in the Dx5e as well it looks alot like the DX6I .

regards pete
Glory71
Private

Post by Glory71 »

grompix wrote: I don't know whether the DX5e is any different to the DX6i but I'm guessing it will be similar enough.
Yes Chris...they are. I also did this to my radio 5 channel Spektrum Radio and they worked superbly. The only problem is...if I press both (Main Gun and Machine Gun) button at the same time, they will not work. They can only be made to work one at a time. My tank is finished and I'm back home after a long two weeks of non-stop working. I'll post a video of my tank soon.

Cheers Chris and another superb article you've made. Seriously, the web admin should make this a 'sticky' article.

Jon
A reporter ask a US Delta Force Sniper based in Afghanistan - "What do you feel when you shoot them (Taliban)?" ... "Recoil".

Return to “Tips and Tricks”